Hiding Obsolete Lookup List Values
Main Menu > Payroll > System Organisation > Dictionaries
You can archive unused values that appear in Branch, Department, Division and Group lookups in Affinity Payroll screens.
How to use
Go to Main Menu > Payroll > System Organisation and double-click Dictionaries. Sort the list in ascending order by selecting the Description column name twice (or search by typing the first few letters of the description). Double-click the lookup that contains the value you want to hide (Branch, Dept, Divisions or Groupd).
Stop Regular Employee Allowances and Deductions
Payroll > Masterfiles > Employee Details > Allowances/Deductions tab
How to use
Open the employee masterfile and select the Allowances/Deductions tab. Select Edit and change the status of the relevant allowance or deduction to 1 (0 = active; 1 = inactive). Save the employee masterfile. To re-activate the allowance or deduction, tick the Show Terminated box then change the status of the allowance or deduction to 0.
Creating Personalised Letters and Documents
- From the menu select File > Mail Merge then select the type of mail merge document that you want to create.
- Microsoft® Word will open automatically and the mail merge file will be ready to use.
Read Affinity Help to learn how to create data queries. Refer to Microsoft® Word help for more information about mail merge.
About the 001 Payroll Summary Report
Reports > Standard Reports
This report summarises a payroll after it has been processed. This report is important because it:
- Summarises information about the payroll on an employee-by-employee basis.
- Provides both period-end and year-end totals for each employee.
- Displays grand totals on the last page.
- Shows a full-component breakdown of items processed (e.g. leave, allowances and deductions and earnings).
- Includes recently-terminated employees (for up to six pay periods).
- Includes unpaid employees.
Saving Clever Timesheets as Favourites
Clever Forms Elements: Numeric Fields
About Affinity Clever Forms
Affinity Clever Forms lets you create dynamic online forms complete with approval workflow. As a result, HR and payroll processes become more efficient, accurate and compliant.
About form elements
Form elements are the fields, functions and user options that you drag onto Clever Forms templates to create dynamic, meaningful forms. This month we showcase elements that simplify numeric data entry and enforce specific formats.
Appears as a currency field on the form (complete with a $ symbol).