Change the Names of Affinity Fields
How to Use the Allowance/Deduction Comments
How to do it
The Comment field in the employee masterfile is a great way to identify payments to employees or external organisations like the IRD or ATO.
- For deductions paid to an external organisation, what you enter here identifies the payment on their bank statement.
- Where multiple employees pay the same deduction to the same organisation (say child support), enter the employee’s IRD number here.
- If the SUPR01 informational code is used, enter the employee’s fund member number as a comment (essential for SuperStream).
See Who’s Taking Leave and When
Pay Code of the Month: IRDNCP
IRDNCP is the standard code for New Zealand child support deductions. Add it to the Allowances/Deductions tab in the employee’s masterfile (along with the rate specified by the Inland Revenue Department) and enter the employee’s IRD number (or other reference) in the Comment field.
Wondering why you can’t make changes to an Affinity screen?
- Did you click the Edit button?
- Do you have multiple screens open? Only the screen that’s currently in focus can be edited.
- Do you have the right to make changes to this screen? Speak to your Affinity system administrator.